As we enter 2019, it’s no secret the Internet of Things (IoT) is going to continue to grow at an exponential rate. From smartphones and tablets to wearable technology and appliances, these devices are everywhere and quickly becoming an expectation of doing business.
New Security Risks
Companies, responding to this growing trend, allow employees and guests to connect to their network for work, collaboration and personal communication. With a huge increase in the number of IoT devices on a company’s network, increased security vulnerabilities are a given and businesses need to be ready.
At DataVizion, we’ve been implementing Aruba ClearPass as an integrated solution for businesses of all sizes. ClearPass gives IT the tools needed to centrally develop, automate, enforce and audit network access policies across their network.
- Visibility: The ClearPass platform provides ability to capture device information across all networks, ensuring that security policies leverage device attributes and ownership for all authentication services.
- Security: Enforcement, auditing and reporting features enable customers to comply with relevant regulations and legislation, demonstrate compliance, and mitigate the risk of a breach in access security.
- Workflow: Users are able to connect securely and easily from tablets, smartphones, and laptops delivering an improved mobility experience across both corporate owned and user-owned devices (e.g. BYOD).
- Mobility: Employees are given the flexibility to work from their preferred locations and devices while maintaining security posture.
- Cost: The automated workflows and reduction in IT help tickets through self-service and the reduced number of appliances required to secure enterprise mobility, make the ClearPass solution efficient and cost-effective.
IoT devices are going to continue to become more and more integrated as a way of doing business and will present unique challenges and security concerns for organizations. But, with Aruba ClearPass it’s manageable.
If you are interested in learning more about Aruba ClearPass or other security solutions, give us a call or visit www.datavizion.com.
Click here to read how DataVizion partnered with Aruba Networks to bring Midland University a secure and scalable wireless solution to support current needs and meet growing demands.